APD85B-XS 2.5 Gb/s Long WavelengthModel Number: APD85B-XS
APD85B-XS is a bottom-illuminated, high speed avalanche photodiode chip with a dual pad layout and an optical aperture of 85 um. The APD is optimized for single-mode Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON) and 2.7 Gb/s SONET/SDH telecom applications. A key feature of this innovative APD is low excess noise, -35 dBm for 2.5 Gb/s NRZ signals when used with an appropriate TIA.
- Bottom illuminated 2.5 Gb/s avalanche photodiode
- Enables a receiver sensitivity of –35 dBm with commercially available TIAs
- Large optical aperture of 85 μm
- Low operating bias: 23 V
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85 °C
- Low temperature dependence of breakdown voltage of only 24 mV/°C