Enablence is seeking a skilled electrical engineer for optical telecommunications and sensor-related product design. The applicant should be a good team player, but highly able to work independently. They should have a Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent, with more than 5 years of experience.
- RF design and simulation (HFSS ability is useful)
- Familiarity with design techniques up to 25-40 GHz range
- Ability to do electrical layout with standard design tools (e.g. Cadence Allegro)
- Strong in digital and analog circuit design
- Capable to do circuit testing and debugging
- Familiarity with devices typically used in the optoelectronics industry, including photodiodes, laser diodes, trans-impedance amplifiers and ability to design circuits using those components.
- Understanding of basic op-amp circuits
- Experience in designing test-boards and evaluation boards and developing fiber optics transceivers for 25 GB/s and higher, instrumentation, or other detection systems in GHz application domain
- Experience in leading companies of fiber optics areas will be a plus
- Familiarity with RF packaging techniques would be a strong asset
- Direct hands-on experience with high-speed optical transmitters or receivers will be considered a strong asset, as would knowledge of MCU and firmware programming
The position will be located at either the Fremont, California location or the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada location.
Please fill out below form to apply: