As an Opto-Mechanical Engineer, you will support in designing optical components, R&D test setup, mechanical tooling and fixture for optical modules. You will be closely learn from and work with our R&D team to develop cutting edge optical products. You will report directly to Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Modify and assist in designing mechanisms for positioning and aligning optics (focus, rotation, translation, tip and tilt).
- Modify and assist in designing and assembly of R&D test setups for prototypes.
- Modify and assist in designing mechanical tooling and fixtures used in the assembly of optical modules.
- Analyze the mechanical tolerances and thermal stability of optical assemblies using FEA and other analytical tools.
- Involve in developing alignment and assembly processes for optical instruments.
- Ability to understand and contribute standard process flows in a product development cycle.
- Participate in problem solving efforts across functions (eg. packaging, test, etc.).
- BS/Master Degree of Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience with researching design options, documenting findings, and performing trade studies.
- Experience with modification, verification, and maintenance of electrical/mechanical drawings, documentation, and parts lists.
- Ability to perform hands-on assembly of mechanical components and systems.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and collaboratively in multidisciplinary team environments.
- Software skills in testing and test automation, Python, LabVIEW is a plus.
- Knowledge with Optics or Photonics is a plus.
Please fill out below form to apply: