Enablence offers PLC-based VOA/Multiplexer (VMUX) modules. High performance VOA arrays are integrated with high performance AWG chips to yield low loss VMUX devices with high attenuation accuracy and tuning range, and low polarization dependency. Integrated taps and detectors are available for power monitoring. The AWG chips are fabricated using Enablence’ patented CVD glass deposition system. The chips are packaged using automated multi-fiber attachment systems and are qualified to Telcordia GR-1221-Core standards.
The VMUX is used in demanding DWDM long-haul and metro transmission systems.
- 16~40 DWDM Channels
- Channel Spacing: 200, 100, or 50GHz
- RS-232, I2C, or DPRAM interface
- Standard ITU or Custom
- Low Power Consumption, Insertion Loss, Cross-Talk, and Polarization dependence
- 20dB Attenuation Range
- Fast warm-up and response time
- DWDM Metro and Long- Haul Core
- Per Channel Power Balancing
- Band Power Balancing
- ROADM Add/Drop Nodes
- Wavelength Grooming
- Signal Equalization at the Add side